Summer At The Pool Duochome Layering NOTD: Sally Hansen HD Duochromes

After using Sally Hansen HD Polish in DVD for my previous mani, I got inspired and felt like layering further. So this time, I added Sally Hansen Byte, and this is what I got.


For those who need a recap, I used Nails Inc Belgrave Street as the base, and then layered Sally Hansen DVD and Byte, in that order.

duochrome manicure sally hansen dvd spectrum nails inc belgrave place 1

I loved the previous mani, and I love this one too! I'm not sure if you can really see the difference between this mani and my previous mani in these pics, but there is a difference that is visible in person. DVD (blue reflects with a pink tinge in a clear base) already has a slight pink flash, but I feel like layering Byte (pink reflects in a clear base) on top really makes the pink pop, and brings it from being a blue that flashes pink to an actual duochrome. Awesome.

duochrome manicure sally hansen dvd spectrum nails inc belgrave place 2

Anyway, I wore this mani to work, and when my mani flashed and twinkled in the sunlight during lunch (the effect is less obvious indoors due to the lighting), my colleagues claimed that my nails were "distracting". I was secretly happy.

I also went to the pool, on the pretext of getting some exercise (I was really just cocered by my sister into accompanying her), and then I noticed that in the water, my nails were absolutely twinkling and blinging in the water. So here you go: poolside photos, not of me in a bikini ('cause a model I ain't) but of my nails all prettied up.

duochrome manicure sally hansen dvd spectrum nails inc belgrave place 3

It was hard to take these photos, by the way. The majority of them kept coming out blur. These were the best of the bunch. It was a pity, it really was. The blue pool would've made such an awesome backdrop for the nail colour...

duochrome manicure sally hansen dvd spectrum nails inc belgrave place 4

Anyway, this has gotta be one of my favourite manis, since I love duochromes. Anyone else rocking a duochrome for the summer?
Share on :
Summer At The Pool Duochome Layering NOTD: Sally Hansen HD Duochromes
Summer At The Pool Duochome Layering NOTD: Sally Hansen HD Duochromes
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5