Behind the Scenes of Blogging: Drop of Pink's Blog of the Week

Yours truly is Blog of the Week on Drop of Pink, a lifestyle and beauty website. When I was informed about the news, I was told that I was given this award because the site had received a lot of messages from readers who wanted this blog to be featured. I wasn't aware of this Blog of the Week feature, so thank you to whoever thought of this humble blog! I may not know who you are, but I really and truly appreciate the gesture!


Anyway, I don't usually toot my horn about features or awards, because I know that you guys come to read about makeup and beauty posts, not to hear me brag (and I have a page for that). But I really wanted to share this with all of you because unlike other "You're Featured"-type posts, I got to voice my thoughts in freeform! For most features, they tend to just put you in a list, write about you, or else interview you with a list of questions (and then sometimes butcher your answers). But for Drop of Pink's Blog of the Week feature, I was given free rein to speak my mind. So instead of doing the generic "I started my blog 3 years ago, when I got into makeup and was looking for a job"-type background story that you usually see in such features, I took the opportunity to really bring you guys behind the scenes!

On my blog, I make it a point to remain professional (i.e. drama-free, no name-calling/dissing etc.) and honest (i.e. If I don't like it, I'm not going to give it a good review). So the juicy behind-the-scenes stuff wouldn't really make it online, except through features like this that let me do whatever I like. So if you've ever wondered what it's really like trying to be an honest blogger in a competitive blogosphere, what it's like dealing with the occasional PR person who demands that you say only good things about their product, and my general philosophy towards blogging, then check out this week's Drop of Pink Blog of the Week feature - I'm guarantee you'll find it entertaining!
Share on :
Behind the Scenes of Blogging: Drop of Pink's Blog of the Week
Behind the Scenes of Blogging: Drop of Pink's Blog of the Week
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5