Benefit Lollitint Quick Swatches

Benefit's Lollitint has been making the rounds since its launch, and I'm pretty sure some of the buzz is due to the fact that it is such a 2014-appropriate colour, nailing the Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid on its head. SO for today's post, here are some quick swatches of Benefit's Lollitint!

I'll be brutally honest - I made this at the Vanity Trove event at Zouk, because the Benefit booth there had it, and I was like, "Oooh you guys have it! Can I try?" and of course my beauty blogger impulse was to snap a swatch. So here you go, swatches in club lighting! (Well, I did adjust the colour so it looks more realistic and less, erm, clubby, I suppose.)


Benefit Lollitint Swatches

At first I kept thinking Lollitint was like, lavender, or lilac, or one of those purple-based shades with a hint of pink. Actually, it's more pink than that, which is what makes it wearable. It's a candy-like shade of pink that has quite a bit of purple, making it a magenta colour. It's a shade that's best suited to the cooler-toned ladies, for sure, and on warmer skins, it might look a tad unnatural as the purple tones will stand out. On me, with my olive with slightly cool undertones (you'll have to read my undertones post if you need a refresher), it looks like a rosy purply-pink, which I think is quite flattering.

On a side note, I've reviewed Benefit's previous Cha Cha Tint before, and if this is anything like it, it's going to be pretty long-lasting (and by corollary, staining). I certainly had to scrub my arm a few times before the Lollitint swatches fully came out.
Share on :
Benefit Lollitint Quick Swatches
Benefit Lollitint Quick Swatches
Reviewed by Unknown
Published :
Rating : 4.5